Azure is a cloud computing platform launched by Microsoft in 2010 for building and hosting applications. It provides Platform as a Service (PaaS) as well as Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) capabilities.
Azure is gaining popularity to become one of the most popular options for developers to build, deploy and manage applications in the cloud. The biggest reason lies in its scalability, security and longevity.
Following are the services InfoBeans provide in Azure:
- Websites: Create new app or migrate existing website into the cloud
- Mobile Apps: Build and deploy apps, and store data for mobile devices
- Notification Hubs: Provide highly scalable, cross-platform push notification infrastructure for applications running on mobile devices
- Media Services: Allows building workflows for the creation, management and distribution of media using Azure public cloud
- Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS): Complete development and deployment environment in the cloud and resources enabled with middleware, development tools, database management systems and more.
- Storage Services: Offload the heavy lifting of Data center management, and switch to Azure services ranging from Blob, Queue, Tables to Disks and files.
For Data Services, we utilize:
- Cache Manager: Provides a distributed caching solution that can help speed up cloud-based applications and reduce database load. Azure Cache support also includes following: Massive scale infrastructure, Hybrid/Composite applications, Automated agents/jobs
- Business Analytics: Enables ease of discovery and data enrichment using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting and Analysis Services with SSIS/SSRS integration for SQL Azure
- Backup: Custom/Auto to protect server data offsite by using automated and manual backups to Windows Azure
- Data Management: Store business data in SQL databases using Windows Azure SQL Database, using NoSQL Tables via REST, BUS service, Architecture, MSMQ queues, Blob, Containers and Tables