The Fourth Industrial Revolution is marked by the growing utilization of technologies like IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, etc. that have made our lives easy and convenient. Still, there are everyday challenges that we face from the moment we step out of our homes until the time we return. The pressing need to solve our daily issues gave rise to innovative ideas like Traffic Analyzer, Smart Parking, and Smart Conference using IoT, which have judiciously addressed them. Read the blog to know how.
The Internet of Things (IoT) describes the network of physical objects—“things”—that are embedded with sensors, software, and other technologies to connect and exchange data with other devices and systems over the internet. These devices range from ordinary household objects to sophisticated industrial tools. The innovative idea of Traffic Analyzer and others also makes use of IoT to solve a routine life problem.
Let us understand each in detail:
Traffic Analyzer – Indians spend 7% of their daily time in commuting to the office, averaging less than 3 minutes per kilometer. They face the challenge of huge traffic jams that kills their time and also hampers their productivity. Traffic Analyzer is a smart device that will handle the traffic challenges autonomously at traffic intersections.
How it works:
- Cameras are installed at the traffic signals for each lane that gathers the live feed.
- The feed will be passed to the object detector & analyzer.
- An object detector detects the number of vehicles present in each lane.
- Analyzer algorithm analyzes the vehicle’s data and determines how long the signal should be opened for each lane.
- And the final analyzed result will be sent to the server.
- Control Signals act upon the results received from the server.
This idea would be a great asset to overcome day to day traffic challenges.
Once you reach the office campus, the next big challenge is to find a suitable parking space for your vehicle. With Smart Parking, you will know the real-time situation of the available parking space and can plan accordingly.
How it works:
- Cameras are installed at a parking spot that captures live feed from the camera
- The feed will be passed to object detector & analyzer
- Object detector detects the number of vehicles present in the parking area
- Analyzer analyses the vehicle data & identifies the available parking spots over the occupied one.
- The result will be visible to the user at the entrance of the parking area.
Smart Conference is a solution that makes arrangements for you before you enter the conference room and keeps the conference environment ready.
How it works:
- Cameras are installed in the conference room, and the live feed is gathered.
- The feed will be passed to person detector & analyzer
- Person detector detects the number of people present in the room
- Analyzer analyses the data and determines how many people are there in the room.
- The result will be passed to the raspberry-pi device for further process.
- The raspberry-pi passes the necessary signals to the appliance controller, which controls the devices, i.e., lights, air conditioners temp.
The Smart Conference helps to save a lot of time, and the meetings or calls become more productive and result-oriented.
Besides making our life easy, devices like Traffic Analyzer, Smart Parking, and Smart Conference save electricity and contribute to Earth and the environment. Technology Rocks!
Watch the demo video here